GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
7/21/1987--Passed Senate amended.
(Measure passed Senate, amended) Excellence in Minority Health Education and Care Act - Amends title VII (Health Research and Teaching Facilities and Training of Professional Health Personnel) of the Public Health Service Act to direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services (Secretary) to make grants to health professions schools to assist in health professions education for minority individuals.
Requires such grants to be used to:
(1) develop a plan for institutional improvements, including financial independence;
(2) improve recruitment and retention of faculty;
(3) improve libraries;
(4) establish, strengthen, or expand programs to enhance academic performance;
(5) establish, strengthen, or expand programs to increase the number and quality of applicants for admission; and
(6) develop curricula and carry out faculty training to enable such schools to become resources regarding the health problems of minority communities.
Sets eligibility requirements for such grants.
Authorizes appropriations for FY 1988 through 1991.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.