Department of Housing and Urban Development
Makes appropriations for FY 1991 to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for:
(1) housing programs including homeless assistance;
(2) community planning and development;
(3) research and technology;
(4) fair housing activities; and
(5) management and administration, including the Office of the Inspector General. Limits the amounts of specified loan obligations, including guarantee commitments of the Government National Mortgage Association. Makes funds available for the renewal of expiring low-income subsidy contracts.
Makes funds available for grants to public housing agencies for use in eliminating drug-related crime in public housing projects.
Makes funds available for the low-income moderate rehabilitation program to be used to assist homeless individuals.
Withdraws funds previously appropriated for solar and conservation improvements.
Allows the following municipalities to retain land disposition proceeds from certain financially closed-out projects not paid to HUD:
(1) the City of Lebanon, Pennsylvania;
(2) the City of Nanticoke, the Boroughs of Plymouth and Forty Fort, all in Pennsylvania;
(3) Pittsfield, Massachusetts;
(4) the Borough of East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania;
(5) the City of Lawrence, Massachusetts;
(6) the City of New Haven, Connecticut; and
(7) the City of Roanoke, Virginia. Requires the municipalities to use such proceeds in accordance with the community development block grant program.
Cancels the indebtedness of Fairmount Heights, Maryland, and of the Eastern New Mexico Natural Gas Association, Inc. relating to public facilities loans.
Forgives the repayment of a specified housing loan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Reappropriates funds previously rescinded for a housing development grant for the Dunes East Housing project in Albany, Georgia. Amends the United States Housing Act of 1937 to exempt the City of West Hollywood, California, and the State of Maryland from certain restrictions on the use of rental rehabilitation funds.
Directs the Secretary of HUD to approve the use by the Housing Authority of the City of Seattle, Washington, of excess residual reserve receipts from specified projects for any purpose which benefits the low-income tenants of projects owned by the Authority. Restores previously appropriated funds for the construction of low-income housing in Santa Cruz, California. Amends the National Housing Act to extend the current maximum Federal Housing Administration loan limitation for mortgage insurance from FY 1990 to FY 1991.
Sets forth limitations on average employment in HUD headquarter offices.
Prohibits the Secretary of HUD from requiring any public housing agency or Indian housing authority to seek competitive bids for any line of insurance when it buys such a line from a nonprofit insurance entity owned and controlled, with the Secretary's approval by public housing agencies or Indian housing authorities.
Sets general requirements for approval of such an insurance entity.
Prohibits the Secretary from restricting the investment of funds of any such entity that is State-regulated; but permits the Secretary to establish investment guidelines similar to State guidelines where such entities are not State-regulated. Amends the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 to revise the community development grant formula for cities and counties affected by annexation.