GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Technical Corrections Act of 1991 -
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to make technical corrections to amendments made by the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1990 (Title XI of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990) with respect to:
(1) individual income tax provisions;
(2) excise taxes;
(3) certain revenue increases;
(4) the extension of certain expiring tax provisions;
(5) energy incentives;
(6) small business incentives; and
(7) the repeal of expired or obsolete provisions.
Makes technical corrections to amendments made by Title XII (Pensions) of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990 concerning:
(1) treatment of hedge bond rules;
(2) treatment of dispositions of U.S. real property interests; and
(3) treatment of passive activity credits.
Medicare Miscellaneous and Technical Amendments
Amends the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990 to make technical amendments with respect to the Medicare program (title XVIII of the Social Security Act) concerning:
(1) excluding distinct psychiatric and rehabilitation units from adjustment to payments for hospitals exempt from the prospective payment system;
(2) the DRG payment window expansion;
(3) physician payment provisions;
(4) nursing home reform;
(5) services furnished in ambulatory surgical centers;
(6) durable medical equipment and orthotics and prosthetics, including a required study; and
(7) other specified Medicare services.
Makes technical corrections related to Medicare supplemental insurance policies.
Corrections Relating to Social Security, Income Security and Human Resources, and Tariff and Customs
Amends the Social Security Act to make technical corrections related to provisions concerning old-age, survivors and disability insurance in the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990.
Amends such Act to make technical corrections related to income security and human resources provisions.
Makes technical amendments to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States, the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985, the Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act of 1988, and the Customs and Trade Act of 1990.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.