GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Natural Resources Institute Act of 1998 - Establishes the Natural Resources Institute at the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory to provide a neutral forum to develop scientific solutions that improve the economic and environmental viability of the Intermountain West region of the United States. Defines such region to include Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, and the far eastern areas of Oregon and Washington. Lists as duties of the Institute:
(1) to perform multidisciplinary research regarding natural resources;
(2) to support formulation and implementation of natural resources public policy;
(3) to act as an information resource center; and
(4) to provide education and training.
Creates a Board of Stakeholders for the Institute which shall incorporate the vested interests and stakeholder prospectuses into the design and operation of the Institute. Requires the Board to appoint, and define the requirements of, the Director of the Institute who shall exercise all authority granted to the Institute. Establishes a Science Advisory panel to:
(1) oversee development and implementation of the Institute's technical strategy; and
(2) provide oversight of the quality of science and recommendations for the research and development portfolio structure of the Institute. Authorizes the Institute to acquire from any Federal agency any unclassified data and nonproprietary knowledge and information obtained by Federal agencies to assist the Institute. Directs the Institute to work with Federal and State agencies, universities, the public, and the private sector to ensure that the Institute's information and products are useful and accessible.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.