GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Energy Diplomacy and Security Act of 2006 - Expresses the sense of Congress on energy diplomacy and security.
Urges the Secretary of State to seek immediately to establish:
(1) strategic energy partnerships with the governments of major energy producers and major energy consumers, and with governments of other countries;
(2) petroleum crisis response mechanisms with the governments of China and India;
(3) a Western Hemisphere energy crisis response mechanism; and
(4) a regional-based ministerial Hemisphere Energy Cooperation Forum. Urges the President to place on the agenda for discussion at the Governing Board of the International Energy Agency the merits of establishing an international energy program application procedure.
Urges the Hemisphere Energy Cooperation Forum (established in response to this Act) to implement:
(1) an Energy Crisis Initiative;
(2) an Energy Sustainability Initiative; and
(3) an Energy for Development Initiative. Encourages the Secretary to approach other governments in the Western Hemisphere to seek cooperation in establishing a Hemisphere Energy Industry Group of industry and government representatives, coordinated by the U.S. Government.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.