GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Minority Health Improvement and Health Disparity Elimination Act - Amends the Public Health Service Act to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to:
(1) provide for the development of an Internet Clearinghouse within the Office of Minority Health and Health Disparity Elimination;
(2) provide for programs of excellence in health professions education for underrepresented minorities in health professions; and
(3) support demonstration projects designed to improve the health and health care of racial and ethnic minority and other health disparity populations through improved access to health care, patient navigators, and health literacy education and services.
Provides for grants to:
(1) design, implement, and evaluate culturally and linguistically appropriate, science-based and community-driven sustainable strategies to eliminate racial and ethnic health and health care disparities; and
(2) implement systems of primary care practices to eliminate disparities in the delivery of health care and improve the health care provided to all patients.
Requires the Secretary to establish the Community Health Initiative demonstration program to support comprehensive state, tribal, or local initiatives to improve the health of racial and ethnic minority and other health disparity populations.
Provides for grants or contracts for research to improve the health of racial and ethnic minorities and other health disparity populations.
Requires the Secretary to ensure the collection of data from federally conducted or supported health programs by race, ethnicity, geographic location, socioeconomic position, primary language, and, when practicable, health literacy.
Establishes an Office of Minority Health and Health Disparity Elimination and transfers to it functions of the Office of Minority Health. Requires the Secretary to establish the Advisory Committee on Minority Health and Health Disparities.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.