GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Platte River Recovery Implementation Program
Authorizes the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Commissioner of Reclamation and in cooperation with the Governance Committee established under the Platte River Recovery Implementation Program Cooperative Agreement, to:
(1) participate in such Program;
(2) carry out any projects or activities that are designated for implementation during the Program's first 13 years (First Increment);
(3) acquire interests in land, water, and facilities from willing sellers;
(4) transfer acquired interests; and
(5) accept or provide grants.
Allows the Program to be modified before the completion of the First Increment if the Secretary and the states of Nebraska, Wyoming, and Colorado determine that the modifications are consistent with Program purposes.
Declares that no action carried out under this Act, with respect to the acreage limitation provisions of the reclamation laws, shall:
(1) be considered in determining whether a district has discharged its obligation to repay the construction cost of project facilities used to make irrigation water available for delivery to land in the district;
(2) serve as the basis for reinstating acreage limitation provisions in a district that has completed payment of its construction obligations; or
(3) serve as the basis for increasing the construction repayment obligation of the district, which would extend the period during which the acreage limitation provisions would apply.
Declares that nothing in this Act creates federal water rights or requires the grant of water rights to federal entities.
Terminates the Secretary's authority to implement the First Increment on September 30, 2020.
Tittle II: Pathfinder Modification Project -
Authorizes the Secretary, acting through the Commissioner, to: (1) modify the Pathfinder Dam and Reservoir; and (2) enter one or more agreements with the state of Wyoming to implement the Pathfinder Modification Project.
Authorizes the capacity of the Pathfinder Reservoir to be used for municipal, environmental, and other purposes, as described in Appendix F to the final settlement stipulation in Nebraska v. Wyoming.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.