GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
6/28/2007--Reported to Senate without amendment.
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced.
The expanded summary of the House passed version is repeated here.) Piedras Blancas Historic Light Station Outstanding Natural Area Act of 2007 - Establishes the Piedras Blancas Historic Light Station Outstanding Natural Area (Outstanding Natural Area) in San Luis Obispo County, California. Directs the Secretary of the Interior to manage the Outstanding Natural Area as part of the National Landscape Conservation System.
Directs the Secretary of the Interior to manage the Outstanding Natural Area as part of the National Landscape Conservation System and to allow only those uses that further the purposes for the establishment of the Area, the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976, and other applicable laws.
Withdraws the federal lands and interests in lands included within the Outstanding Natural Area from:
(1) all forms of entry, appropriation, or disposal under the public land laws;
(2) location, entry, and patent under the public land mining laws, and
(3) operation of the mineral leasing and geothermal leasing laws and the mineral material laws.
Requires the Secretary to:
(1) manage the Outstanding Natural Area in a manner that conserves, protects, and enhances the unique and nationally important historical, natural, cultural, scientific, educational, scenic, and recreational values of that area, including an emphasis on preserving and restoring the Light Station facilities; and
(2) complete a comprehensive management plan to provide long-term management guidance for the public lands within the Outstanding Natural Area and fulfill the purposes for which it is established.
Authorizes the Secretary to enter into cooperative agreements with Federal, State, and local agencies to implement the management plan in the Outstanding Natural Area and to continue partnerships with local communities and the Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument. Provides for the acquisition of State and privately held lands adjacent to the Outstanding Natural Area as additions to the Outstanding Natural Area.
Prohibits restrictions on overflights and law enforcement activities in the Outstanding Natural Area. Directs the Secretary to ensure access to the Outstanding Natural Area by Indians and Indian tribes for cultural and religious purposes. Authorizes appropriations.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.