GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
2/15/2007--Reported to Senate without amendment.
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced.
The summary has been expanded because action occurred on the measure.) New Mexico Water Planning Assistance Act - Directs the Secretary of the Interior, at the request of the governor of New Mexico and acting through the Bureau of Reclamation and the U.S. Geological Survey, to:
(1) provide to New Mexico technical assistance and grants for the development of comprehensive state water plans;
(2) conduct water resources mapping in New Mexico; and
(3) conduct a comprehensive study of groundwater resources in New Mexico to assess the quantity, quality, and interaction of groundwater and surface water resources.
Lists types of technical assistance that may be provided, including acquisition of hydrologic data, expansion of groundwater monitoring networks, and coordination of federal water management planning efforts.
Directs the Secretary to allocate specified funds:
(1) to develop hydrologic models and acquire associated equipment for the New Mexico Rio Grande main stem sections and Rios Pueblo de Taos and Hondo, Rios Nambe, Pojoaque and Teseque, Rio Chama, and Lower Rio Grande tributaries;
(2) to complete the hydrographic survey development of hydrologic models and acquire associated equipment for the San Juan River and tributaries and for Southwest New Mexico, including the Animas Basin, the Gila River, and tributaries; and
(3) for statewide digital orthophotography mapping.
Sets the non-federal share of the total cost of any activity carried out using a grant under this Act at 50%, which may be in the form of in-kind services.
(1) any assistance or grants provided to New Mexico under this Act to be made on a non-reimbursable basis; and
(2) the Secretary, at that state's request, to directly transfer to one or more federal agencies any amounts made available to New Mexico to carry out this Act. Authorizes appropriations.
Terminates the Secretary's authority to carry out this Act 10 years after its enactment.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.