GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Office of the National Alzheimer's Project Act - Establishes in the Office of the President the Office of the National Alzheimer's Project to:
(1) accelerate the development of treatments that would prevent, halt, or reverse the course of Alzheimer's;
(2) create and maintain an integrated national plan to overcome Alzheimer's;
(3) help to coordinate the health care and treatment of citizen's with Alzheimer's;
(4) ensure the inclusion of ethnic and racial populations that are at higher risk for Alzheimer's or that are least likely to receive care in clinical, research, and service efforts with the purpose of decreasing health disparities; and
(5) coordinate with international bodies to integrate and inform the fight against Alzheimer's globally.
Sets forth the duties of the Director of the Office, including to use discretionary authority to evaluate all federal programs around Alzheimer's. Establishes in the Office an Advisory Council on Alzheimer's Research and Treatment.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.