GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Renewable Energy Incentive Act - Amends the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to:
(1) extend through 2012 grants for investment in renewable energy property, including renewable resources used to produce electricity and fuel cell, solar, wind, geothermal, and microturbine property, in lieu of tax credits; and
(2) expand eligibility for such grants to public power utilities and qualified solar manufacturing project property.
Defines "qualified solar manufacturing property" as any tangible personal property purchased to re-equip, expand, or establish a manufacturing facility for producing solar energy equipment to generate electricity.
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) allow an energy tax credit for investment in qualified solar manufacturing project property;
(2) allow a tax credit for the purchase, consolidation, and use of contiguous high solarity disturbed private land to produce solar energy for use in a trade or business; and
(3) limit the energy tax credit for solar energy equipment used to generate electricity or heat or cool a structure, as applied to swimming pools, to exclude those located at single-family residences.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.