GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Columbia River Basin Restoration Act of 2010 - Amends the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) to require the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to establish a Columbia Basin Restoration Program to:
(1) build on the work and collaborative structure of the existing Columbia River Toxics Reduction Working Group to develop a collaborative toxic contamination reduction approach for the Columbia River Basin; and
(2) build on the work and collaborative structure of the Estuary Partnership in the Lower Columbia River Basin and Estuary.
Requires the Administrator to establish a Columbia River Basin Toxics Reduction Working Group to:
(1) assess trends in water quality and toxic contamination or toxics reduction;
(2) collect, characterize, and assess data on toxics and water quality to identify possible causes of environmental problems;
(3) develop periodic updates to the Columbia River Basin Toxics Reduction Action Plan and the Estuary Plan;
(4) submit to the Administrator annually a prioritized list of projects that would implement such Plans for consideration for funding; and
(5) monitor the effectiveness of actions taken.
Requires the Estuary Partnership to function as the Working Group in the Lower Columbia River Estuary for such time as the Estuary Partnership is the management conference for the Lower Columbia River National Estuary Program.
Transboundary Flathead River Basin Protection Act of 2010 - Requires the President to preserve and protect the unique, pristine area of the transboundary Flathead River, with a particular focus on the River's North Fork. Authorizes the President to:
(1) engage in negotiations with the government of Canada to establish an executive agreement to ensure permanent protection for the North Fork of the Flathead River watershed and the adjacent area of Glacier-Waterton National Park; and
(2) participate in cross-border collaborations with Canada on environmental assessments of any project of cross-border significance that has the potential to degrade land or water resources.
Authorizes the President, acting through the Administrator, to provide grants to protect and preserve the natural resources, water quality, wildlife, and environmental conditions in the transboundary Flathead River Basin.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.