GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
No More Excuses Energy Act of 2011 - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) allow the issuance of tax-exempt facility bonds for the financing of domestic use oil refinery facilities,
(2) extend the tax credit for a facility using wind to produce electricity,
(3) set the rate of the excise tax on liquefied natural gas to 24.3 cents per energy equivalent of a gallon of diesel,
(4) extend through 2012 the excise tax credit for alternative fuel,
(5) allow tax credits for the production of electricity from nuclear energy and the production of fuel from certain onshore wells, and
(6) repeal the minimum gas capture requirement for purposes of the carbon dioxide sequestration tax credit.
Requires the President to designate at least 10 sites for oil or natural gas refineries on federal lands and make such sites available to the private sector for construction of refineries.
Prohibits the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) from denying an application for nuclear waste disposal on the grounds of present or future insufficient capacity.
American-Made Energy and Good Jobs Act - Directs the Secretary of the Interior to establish and implement a competitive oil and gas leasing program in the Coastal Plain of Alaska. Repeals the prohibition against producing oil and gas from the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Sets forth requirements for the sale of oil and natural gas leases in the Coastal Plain, environmental protection, transportation easements, and royalty payments to Alaska. Establishes in the Treasury the Coastal Plain Local Government Impact Aid Assistance Fund to assist Alaska jurisdictions that are directly impacted by oil and gas exploration and production in the Coastal Plain. Amends the Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act of 2006 to repeal the moratorium on oil and gas leasing in certain areas in the Gulf of Mexico. Directs the Secretary of the Interior to include the areas removed from such moratorium within the areas available for leasing under the 2007-2012 Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing program.
Amends the Clean Air Act to:
(1) exclude from the meaning of "air pollutant" carbon dioxide, water vapor, methane, nitrous oxide, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons, or sulfur hexafluoride; and
(2) declare that nothing in such such Act shall be treated as authorizing or requiring the regulation of climate change or global warming.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.