GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Tax Cuts for America Act of 2011 - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to make permanent:
(1) the tax credit for differential wage payments for employees who are active duty members of the uniformed services,
(2) the tax deduction for charitable contributions of book inventories to public schools,
(3) the tax deduction for certain expenses of elementary and secondary school teachers,
(4) the tax deduction for qualified tuition and related expenses, and
(5) the tax deduction for state and local sales taxes in lieu of state and local income taxes.
Amends the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 to make permanent the exclusion from income of military basic housing allowances for purposes of the low-income housing tax credit.
Makes permanent provisions of the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 relating to the tax exclusion for employer-provided educational assistance and the tax deduction for interest on student loans.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.