GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Multilingual Services Accounting Act - Requires federal agency Chief Financial Officers to include multilingual services accounting information in their mandatory annual reports to the agency head and to the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Defines multilingual services to include:
(1) services provided by interpreters hired by an agency;
(2) services resulting in additional expenses which an agency provides to assist its employees or contractors to learn a non-English language;
(3) agency preparation, translation, printing, or recordation of materials in a language other than English; and
(4) services provided or performed for the federal government by agency employees or contractors that require speaking a non-English language that result in wage differentials or benefits provided by the agency.
Requires the OMB Director's annual financial management status report to certain congressional committees to contain a Multilingual Services Expenses Report that includes:
(1) a summary and analysis of the multilingual services accounting information prepared by each agency Chief Financial Officer, and
(2) a description of any changes to the existing financial management structure of the federal government needed to establish an integrated individual agency accounting of all multilingual services conducted by each agency.
Requires the OMB Director to issue guidance that an agency Chief Financial Officer must follow in compiling multilingual services accounting information.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.