GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
EPA Student Nondiscrimination Act - Prohibits student programs administered by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from establishing any requirement that an applicant possess any experience that constitutes an endorsement of a particular political position with regard to environmental protection.
Prohibits funds from being used to provide financial compensation for:
(1) the Student Diversity Internship Program Environmental Justice Eco-Ambassador Focus, or
(2) student programs administered by EPA related to the study of greenhouse gas emissions.
Requires the EPA Administrator to report on policies, procedures, and actions taken within the last three years in recruiting and hiring applicants for all EPA student programs, including:
(1) efforts to recruit student advocates,
(2) policies and procedures related to the review of student applications,
(3) efforts to consider applicants with policy views or experience that were counter to stated agency goals, and
(4) policies to ensure that applicants for such programs will be recruited and reviewed in accordance with this Act.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.