GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Restoring Ethical Standards, Transparency, and Responsibility in Congressional Trading Act or RESTRICT Act - Amends the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 to require the President, the Vice President, Members of Congress, and certain federal officers and employees to:
(1) place all of his or her stocks, bonds, commodities futures, and other forms of securities, including securities held jointly with a spouse or dependent child, in a qualified blind trust; or
(2) file a report with the appropriate ethics officer, within three business days after a transaction is settled, on any purchase, sale, or exchange in stocks, bonds, commodities futures, and other forms of securities, including those jointly held with the individual's spouse or dependent child.
Exempts from this requirement any financial interests in or income derived from:
(1) the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or the Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS), including the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP);
(2) any other federal retirement system for U.S. officers and employees, including the President, or for members of the uniformed services; or
(3) benefits received under the Social Security Act. Subjects violators of this Act to specified civil and criminal penalties.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.