GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
California Coastal National Monument Expansion Act of 2012 - Expands the boundary of the California Coastal National Monument, established by Presidential Proclamation 7264, to include the Point Arena-Stornetta public lands in Mendocino County, California. Requires management of such lands:
(1) under the provisions of such Proclamation, and
(2) as part of the Monument. Instructs the Secretary of the Interior to finalize an amendment to the management of the Monument for the long-term protection and management of the lands added to the Monument under this Act. Permits the use of motorized and mechanized vehicles in the Monument only on roads and trails designated for their use.
Specifies this Act's effect on:
(1) aviation overflights, special use airspace, or military flight training routes;
(2) low-level overflights above the adjacent Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary;
(3) Department of Homeland Security (DHS) law enforcement authorities;
(4) the rights of Indian tribes and Indian religious communities; and
(5) protective perimeters and buffer zones.
Requires management of the Monument as part of the National Landscape Conservation System.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.