GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Coordinating Water Research for a Clean Water Future Act of 2012 - Requires the President to begin to implement a National Water Research and Development Initiative through the National Science and Technology Council, the National Water Research Coordination Office, and federal agencies.
Requires such Initiative to:
(1) establish the goals, priorities, and metrics for the evaluation of federal water research and development and other activities related to water;
(2) invest in research and development activities related to water to achieve the goals established under the National Water Research and Development Strategic Plan; and
(3) provide for interagency coordination of such research, development, and activities undertaken pursuant to such Initiative. Sets forth minimum activities that the Initiative is required to carry out.
Requires such Council to:
(1) oversee the planning, management, and coordination of such Initiative;
(2) establish goals and priorities for the Initiative based on national needs;
(3) coordinate all federal research, development, demonstration, data collection and dissemination, education, and technology development and transfer activities pertaining to water;
(4) coordinate the Initiative's activities with the water-related research and development activities of the United States Global Change Research Program;
(5) develop and submit an Annual National Water Research Report that analyzes the progress made toward achieving the goals and priorities established for the Initiative;
(6) develop and update every three years a five-year National Water Research and Development Strategic Plan to guide the Initiative and prioritize its activities; and
(7) through the Coordination Office, provide for public input and outreach to be integrated into the Initiative. Requires the President to establish a National Water Research Coordination Office to:
(1) support such Council and the National Water Research Initiative Advisory Committee;
(2) serve as the primary point of contact on federal water research and development activities;
(3) conduct public outreach;
(4) solicit input and recommendations from stakeholders during the development of each Strategic Plan and Annual Report; and
(5) promote access to and early application of innovations, best practices, and expertise derived from Initiative activities.
Establishes a National Water Research Initiative Advisory Committee to advise the President and the Council on matters relating to the Initiative.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.