GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Hudson-Mohawk River Basin Act of 2012 - Directs the President to:
(1) establish the Hudson-Mohawk River Basin Commission, in cooperation with the governors of the states included in the Hudson-Mohawk River Basin (New York, New Jersey, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Connecticut), to coordinate activities being undertaken by the states, advisory committees, local governments, institutions of higher education, and nongovernmental organizations to address environmental, economic, and cultural issues associated with the management and use of resources in the Hudson-Mohawk Watershed; and
(2) designate the Secretary of the Interior to serve as a member of the Commission and as coordinator of participation of relevant federal agencies in the Commission's activities.
Requires the Commission to:
(1) develop and implement plans, policies, and projects relating to the Basin's water resources;
(2) adopt and promote uniform and coordinated policies for management and conservation of such resources;
(3) coordinate and direct the development, implementation, operation, and financing of water resources projects consistent with its plans and policies; and
(4) develop and adopt a comprehensive plan for the development and use of such resources, which shall address all projects and facilities required for development, conservation, use, management, and control of the Basin's water resources to meet present and future needs.
Directs the Commission to adopt a water resources program on an annual basis, based upon the comprehensive plan, that identifies specific projects and facilities to be undertaken during the immediate five-year period.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.