GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Russian World Trade Organization Commitments Verification Act of 2012 - Directs the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR), within 90 days after the effective date of an Act of Congress authorizing the extension of permanent normal trade relations treatment to products of the Russian Federation, to report to Congress on:
(1) Russian Federation commitments under the protocol on the accession of the Russian Federation to the World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement, and
(2) the date by which that protocol requires each such commitment to be implemented.
Requires the USTR to report annually to Congress on:
(1) actions taken by the Russian Federation to comply with its commitments under the protocol that has a significant effect on U.S. commerce,
(2) any commitment the Federation is not implementing or is not making progress toward implementing in a timely manner, and
(3) any actions taken by the USTR to obtain Russian Federation compliance with its commitments.
Directs the USTR to take appropriate action to obtain Russian Federation compliance with commitments it is not implementing or is not making progress toward implementing in a timely manner.
Authorizes the USTR, however, not to take any action if it is not in the U.S. national interest.
Requires the USTR to seek public participation in developing such reports and in determining what action, if any, to take with respect to any commitment the Russian Federation is not implementing or is not making progress toward implementing in a timely manner.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.