GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Children's Health Task Force Act of 2012 - Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to) establish and maintain a permanent Task Force on Environmental Health Risks and Safety Risks to Children, which shall recommend federal strategies for addressing environmental health risks and safety risks to children in the United States, within projected budgetary limits.
Requires such strategies to include:
(1) adoption of action plans, including multiyear and annual priorities, to address the principal risks;
(2) government initiatives to address such risks;
(3) recommendations on how to improve cross-agency implementation of actions to address such risks;
(4) recommendations for a coordinated research agenda for the government to address such risks;
(5) recommendations for partnerships among federal, state, local, and tribal governments and the private, academic, and nonprofit sectors;
(6) proposed ways to enhance public outreach and communication to assist families in evaluating such risks and in making informed consumer choices; and
(7) proposed ways to strengthen the data system in order to identify and track development of rulemakings and other actions to ensure they comply with current policy on evaluating such risks.
Directs the Task Force to submit, make publicly available, and disseminate widely a biennial report including:
(1) the strategies developed and updated,
(2) a description of the Task Force's accomplishments,
(3) current national priorities for addressing such risks and any related emerging issues,
(4) updates on federal research findings and research needs regarding such risks,
(5) information submitted by federal agencies and by stakeholders for inclusion in the report, and
(6) recommendations by the Children's Health Protection Advisory Committee.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.