GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
National Child Protection Training Act - Directs the Attorney General, through the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, to establish a program to sustain at least four university, college, or community college affiliated regional training centers in coordination with the National Child Protection Training Center. Requires the regional training centers to:
(1) develop model inter-disciplinary undergraduate curricula on recognizing and responding to cases of child maltreatment that consists of at least a three-course certificate program or minor degree;
(2) develop related model graduate curricula for medical schools, law schools, seminaries, and other institutions of higher education that instruct students likely to become child protection professionals or other professionals required by law to report cases of child maltreatment;
(3) disseminate such curricula, upon the Attorney General's approval, to community colleges, colleges, university, law schools, medical schools, and other institutions of higher education;
(4) develop "laboratory" training facilities that allow for simulated, interactive, and intensive training of students preparing for child protection careers as well as child protection professionals currently in the field;
(5) assist communities in developing evidence-based prevention programs; and
(6) assist states in developing and maintaining forensic interview training programs.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.