GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Expresses the sense of the House of Representatives that U.S. policy toward China should be guided by the following strategic objectives to:
(1) deploy defense and intelligence capabilities to resist any force or coercion that would jeopardize the peace of the Asia-Pacific region and the security of U.S. friends and allies;
(2) treat Taiwan in strict accordance with the Taiwan Relations Act, the three United States-People's Republic of China Joint Communiques, and the Six Assurances;
(3) pursue a diversified U.S. economy as the surest means of providing for leverage in interactions with China;
(4) deploy counterintelligence capabilities to protect U.S. national security in the face of significant Chinese espionage efforts;
(5) prevent the transfer of technology, intellectual property, or equipment that would substantially contribute to Chinese military or space capabilities;
(6) encourage China to utilize its economic, political, and military power to contribute to the international system;
(7) encourage China to support political reform and religious freedom;
(8) encourage the peaceful resolution of maritime territorial disputes in the South China Sea and East China Sea; and
(9) convey to China that responsible behavior will create the possibility for a genuine U.S. partnership on matters of mutual interest, while unacceptable behavior will incur costs that would outweigh any gains.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.