GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Public Access to Congressional Research Service Reports Resolution of 2012 or the Congressional Research Service Electronic Accessibility Resolution of 2012 - Directs the Clerk of the House of Representatives, in consultation with the Director of the Congressional Research Service (CRS), to establish and maintain a centralized, searchable, bulk downloadable, electronic database consisting of:
(1) CRS Issue Briefs, Reports, Authorization of Appropriations Products and Appropriations Products, and other materials intended or available for general congressional distribution through the CRS website; and
(2) an index of such information.
(1) any information determined to be confidential by the CRS Director or the head of the agency that provided it to CRS; and
(2) any document produced in response to a confidential research request made by a House Member, officer, employee, or office, provided that the document has not been distributed and is not intended for distribution to anyone other than the individual or office making the request.
Directs the Clerk, in addition to the database, to establish and maintain contemporaneously a website containing a searchable, sortable index of all of the information in the database in both human- and machine-readable formats (such as Extensible Markup Language [XML]). Authorizes the Clerk, on the basis of information provided by the Director, to:
(1) remove from the database, and from related CRS products, the name and contact information of CRS employees or material that may infringe the copyright of a protected work; and
(2) make any changes that the Director determines are necessary to ensure that information in the database is accurate and current.
Requires each official public website of a House Member, House committee, or joint committee of Congress to permit public use to obtain the information contained in such database to the same extent as House users may obtain such information through the CRS website.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.