Authorizes the President to direct the Secretary of the Treasury, during the period of a verification procedure by the government of Korea, to determine:
(1) that an exporter or producer in Korea is complying with applicable customs laws, regulations, procedures, requirements, and practices affecting trade in textile or apparel goods; or
(2) that a claim is accurate that such a good exported or produced by such exporter or producer qualifies as an originating good, or is a good of Korea. Requires the Secretary, as an appropriate action authorized by the President, to suspend liquidation of the entry of any textile or apparel good that a person subject to such verification:
(1) that a person has produced or exported in cases where the request for verification was based on a reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity, and
(2) for which a claim has been made that such good is an originating good or is a good of Korea. Authorizes the President to direct the Secretary to deny preferential treatment and entry into the United States to such textile and apparel goods if the information obtained from verification is insufficient to make a determination.
Authorizes the Secretary to publish the name of any person engaged in intentional circumvention of applicable laws, regulations, or procedures affecting trade in such goods, or who has failed to demonstrate that it produces or is capable of producing them.
Authorizes the Commissioner responsible for CPB to require an importer to submit a certificate of eligibility, properly completed and signed by an authorized official of the government of Korea, at the time the importer files a claim for preferential tariff treatment under Annex 4-B of the Agreement. Authorizes the Secretary of the Treasury, upon request of the government of a country that is a party to a free trade agreement, to request a verification of the production of any textile or apparel good in order to assist that government in determining whether:
(1) a claim of origin under the agreement for a textile or apparel good is accurate; or
(2) an exporter, producer, or other enterprise located in the United States involved in the movement of textile or apparel goods from the United States to the territory of the requesting government is complying with applicable customs laws, regulations, and procedures regarding trade in textile or apparel goods.