GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) allow an extension through 2016 of the tax credit for alternative fuel motor vehicles powered by compressed or liquefied natural gas and make Indian tribal governments eligible for such credit,
(2) allow an offset against regular and alternative minimum tax (AMT) liabilities of tax credits for such vehicles and allow the transferability of such credits,
(3) increase the tax credit for the purchase of such vehicles,
(4) allow a new business-related tax credit for the production of such vehicles, and
(5) extend through 2016 the tax credit for alternative fuel vehicle refueling property expenditures for property servicing such vehicles and allow an increased tax credit rate for such property.
Requires the Secretary of Energy (DOE) to provide funding to improve the performance and efficiency and integration of natural gas-powered motor vehicles and heavy-duty on-road vehicles.
Authorizes the Secretary to make grants to manufacturers of light and heavy duty natural gas vehicles for the development of engines that reduce emissions, improve performance and efficiency, and lower cost.
Expresses the sense of Congress the the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) should further streamline the process for certification of natural gas vehicle retrofit kits to promote energy security while still fulfilling the mission of the Clean Air Act. Amends the Energy Policy Act of 1992 to allocate funds for vehicles that are repowered or converted to operate on an alternative fuel.
Allocates a federal share for the cost of acquiring vehicle-related equipment or facilities for complying with the Clean Air Act. Directs the Secretary of Transportation to establish and administer a program to encourage the development of natural gas fueling infrastructure to be used by transit agencies.
Replaces excise tax rates for liquefied natural gas and compressed natural gas with the sum of the Highway Trust Fund and the Natural Gas Transportation Incentives financing rates.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.