GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Child Care Public-Private Partnership Act of 2012 - Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish a business-incentive grant program to provide child care through public-private partnerships.
Requires the Secretary to make such grants to:
(1) states, on a competitive basis, to enable businesses and consortia to carry out certain activities; and
(2) nonprofit business organizations with expertise in management issues of a high-quality child care center to provide technical information and assistance to enable businesses to provide child care services.
Specifies that grants to businesses and consortia are meant to enable them to:
(1) pay start-up costs incurred to provide child care services,
(2) assist with the costs of child care services needed by their employees, and
(3) pay for training and professional development for staff that provide child care services.
Gives priority in grant selection to businesses with fewer than 100 full-time employees.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.