GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Adult Day Achievement Center Enhancement Act - Requires the Assistant Secretary for Aging to initiate a comprehensive survey of current adult day programs that provide care and support to individuals living with neurological diseases or conditions, including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, or traumatic brain injury.
Requires the Assistant Secretary to identify ongoing successful adult day programs and develop a set of best practices to help guide the establishment and replication of additional successful adult day programs.
Directs the Assistant Secretary to establish a competitive grant program for awarding grants annually to fund adult day programs.
Defines an "adult day program" as a program that provides comprehensive and effective care and support services to individuals living with neurological diseases or conditions and to their family caregivers and that may assist them in ways that:
(1) maintain or improve their functional abilities or otherwise help them adjust to their changing functional abilities;
(2) prevent the onset of complications associated with severe forms of the disease or condition;
(3) promote alternatives to placement in nursing homes;
(4) reduce the strain on family caregivers taking care of a family member living with such a disease or condition;
(5) focus on supporting the emotional, social, and intellectual needs of a younger adult population; or
(6) address the needs of veterans living with such a disease or condition.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.