GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
1/26/2011--Passed Senate without amendment.
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced.
The summary of that version is repeated here.) Honors:
(1) those who lost their lives due to the tragic earthquake of January 12, 2010; and
(2) the sacrifice of the men and women of the Haitian government, the U.S. government, the United Nations (U.N.), and the international community for their response to those affected by the earthquake.
Expresses solidarity with the people of Haiti as they work to rebuild.
Reaffirms the Senate's commitment to support long-term Haitian reconstruction.
Supports the Executive Branch's efforts to improve Haitian water, sanitation, and health systems.
(1) all U.S. personnel and members of international organizations who have persevered through adverse conditions to serve Haiti, and
(2) the continued efforts of the Interim Haiti Recovery Commission to bring donors and the Haitian government together to effectively lead the reconstruction process.
Urges the international community to:
(1) call on Haitian leaders to reach a democratic resolution to the current electoral crisis,
(2) focus assistance on the priorities of the Haitian government,
(3) involve Haitian civil society in all disaster responses, and
(4) give priority to programs that protect and involve vulnerable populations.
Urges aid agencies to:
(1) train and use Haitian local and national authorities to deliver assistance, and
(2) enhance coordination with the Haitian people and key Haitian government ministries.
(1) continuing the work of U.S. agencies, nongovernmental organizations, regional institutions, and U.N. agencies to confront the consequences of the Haitian crises;
(2) assessments of the long-term needs for confronting the Haiti's cholera epidemic; and
(3) continuing humanitarian and development efforts between all actors supporting a better future for Haiti.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.