GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
5/21/2012--Passed Senate without amendment.
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced.
The summary of that version is repeated here.) Honors the entrepreneurial spirit of small businesses during National Small Business Week beginning May 20, 2012.
Applauds the efforts and achievements of small business owners and their employees.
Recognizes the work of the Small Business Administration (SBA) and its resource partners in providing assistance to entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Recognizes the importance of ensuring that:
(1) guaranteed loans, including microloans and venture capital, are made available to all qualified small businesses;
(2) necessary federal resources are provided to management assistance programs delivered by SBA resource partners;
(3) SBA small business disaster assistance is provided in a timely and efficient manner;
(4) affordable Internet access is available to all people in the United States so that small businesses can utilize such access;
(5) regulatory relief is provided to small businesses through the reduction of duplicative or unnecessary regulatory requirements; and
(6) leveling the playing field for small business contracting opportunities remains a primary focus.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.