GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Restore the Partnership Act - Establishes a permanent, bipartisan National Commission on Intergovernmental Relations. Requires the Commission to:
(1) engage in activities and studies necessary to give continuing attention to intergovernmental issues in order to facilitate cooperation and coordination among all levels of government;
(2) consider mechanisms for fostering better relations among the levels of government;
(3) make available technical assistance to the federal executive and legislative branches in the review of proposed legislation to determine its overall effect on all levels of government;
(4) recommend, within the framework of the Constitution, the most desirable allocation of government functions, responsibilities, and revenues among the levels of government;
(5) recommend methods of coordinating and simplifying tax laws and administrative policies and practices to achieve a more orderly and less competitive fiscal relationship among the levels of government and to reduce the burden of compliance for taxpayers; and
(6) submit an annual report to the President and Congress.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.