GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Deficit Reduction, Job Creation, and Energy Security Act - Requires the Secretary of the Interior to conduct oil and gas lease sales under the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act for an additional 10% of acreage of the outer Continental Shelf proposed to be leased under the Proposed Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing Program for 2012-2017.
(1) such additional acreage to be known as the Deficit Reduction Acreage, and
(2) the Secretary to lease at least 20% of such Deficit Reduction Acreage in each such year.
Establishes the Deficit Reduction Energy Security Fund. Requires all sums due under Deficit Reduction Acreage lease sales during the 15 fiscal years beginning when sums are first received from such sales to be deposited into such Fund. Establishes the Coastal and Ocean Sustainability and Health Fund to be administered by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) for:
(1) the Coastal and Ocean Disaster Grant Program for restoring, mitigating, monitoring, or otherwise managing coastal and ocean natural resources in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida impacted by coastal or ocean disasters; and
(2) the National Grant Program for Coastal and Ocean Sustainability and Health for restoring, protecting, maintaining, managing, or understanding marine resources and their habitats and resources in coastal and ocean water.
Amends the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to reinstate expired producible leases in the offshore Gulf or Mexico upon the petition of a prior leaseholder if such reinstatement furthers the purposes and objectives of such Act. Requires the Secretary to establish:
(1) an Office of Energy Employment and Training to oversee the efforts of the Department of the Interior's energy planning, permitting, and regulatory activities to carry out the purposes, objectives, and requirements of this Act; and
(2) an Office of Minority and Women Inclusion to be responsible for all matters of the Department of the Interior relating to diversity in management, employment, and business activities.
Requires the Secretary to take affirmative steps to seek diversity in all levels of such Department.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.