GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Department of Justice Global Advisory Committee Authorization Act of 2013 - Authorizes the Attorney General to provide technical and financial assistance and support to the Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative Advisory Committee. Requires the Committee to:
(1) gather views from federal, state, local, and tribal agencies that work to support public safety and justice;
(2) recommend to the Attorney General measures to improve the administration of justice and protect the public by promoting practices and technologies for database interoperability and the secure sharing of justice and public safety information between local, state, and tribal governments and the federal government; and
(3) report annually on issues considered and recommendations made.
Expresses the sense of Congress that state, local, and tribal governments and other relevant entities should use the recommendations developed by the Committee to evaluate, improve, and develop effective strategies and technologies to improve public safety and information sharing.
Directs the Attorney General to require any applicant for a funding solicitation from the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the implementation of an information sharing solution to include within the application:
(1) how the solution would comply with Committee standards, or
(2) the reason for any non-compliance with such standards.
Directs the Attorney General to:
(1) review the state of information sharing between state, local, and tribal corrections and law enforcement agencies and the federal government; and
(2) identify barriers and best practices and assess ways for information sharing to improve the awareness and safety of law enforcement and corrections officials.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.