GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
America's Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2013 - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to make permanent:
(1) the 100% exclusion from gross income of gain from the sale of certain small business stock,
(2) carrybacks and alternative minimum tax rules relating to small business tax credits,
(3) the reduction in the recognition period for the built-in gains from the sale of S corporation stock,
(4) the increased limitation for the expensing of depreciable business assets,
(5) the use of the percentage of completion accounting method for long-term contracts,
(6) the increased tax deduction for business start-up expenditures, and
(7) the allowance of a deduction for health insurance premiums in computing net earnings from self-employment income.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.