GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Patriot Corporations of America Act of 2013 - Grants after 2013 a preference to Patriot corporations in the evaluation of bids or proposals for federal contracts.
Defines "Patriot corporation" as a corporation which:
(1) produces at least 90% of its goods and services in the United States;
(2) does not pay its its management-level employees at a rate more than 10,000% of the compensation of its lowest paid employee;
(3) conducts at least 50% of its research and development in the United States;
(4) contributes at least 5% of its payroll to a portable pension fund for its employees;
(5) pays at least 70% of its employees' health insurance costs;
(6) maintains a policy of neutrality in employee organizing drives;
(7) provides full differential salary and insurance benefits for all National Guard and Reserve employees who are called to active duty; and
(8) has not violated federal regulations, including regulations relating to the environment, workplace safety, labor relations, and consumer protections.
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) reduce the income tax rate for Patriot corporations, and
(2) reclassify foreign corporations created or organized to avoid federal taxation as domestic corporations for income tax purposes.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.