GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Expresses support for efforts to make improving women's health a priority in the 113th Congress. Expresses support for efforts to ensure that women have:
(1) access to the best available scientifically based health care, safe childbearing, and affordable insurance coverage for all of their pregnancy-related health care needs, including contraception and abortion, as well as for their general health care needs;
(2) the autonomy to decide whether and when to have children and the medically accurate information, education, and access to health services to make such decisions;
(3) autonomous decision making, informed consent, privacy, and confidentiality regarding their health care;
(4) the ability to participate equally in ethically conducted clinical research; and
(5) the resources needed to guarantee their financial and economic security as they age.
Expresses support for efforts to ensure that:
(1) parents have and can use earned sick days to care for themselves and their families, have paid leave to prepare for and recover from pregnancy and childbirth and to care for their children or loved ones, and may receive a social security credit if they are forced to leave the workforce to care for a child or a loved one; and
(2) women receive equal pay for equal work.
Expresses support for efforts to:
(1) work to end gender discrimination and improve women's health by implementing the Affordable Care Act, end health disparities for women, and end gender-based violence; and
(2) eliminate discrimination and promote women's health and economic security by ensuring reasonable workplace accommodations for workers whose ability to perform job functions are limited by pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.