GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Job Preservation and Sequester Replacement Act of 2013 - Amends the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 to modify the formula for calculating total deficit reduction requirements for FY2013. Amends the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 to repeal the requirement that the President order a sequestration (automatic cuts in discretionary spending) for FY2013. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) require an individual taxpayer whose adjusted gross income exceeds $1 million to pay a minimum tax rate of 30% of the excess of the taxpayer's adjusted gross income over the taxpayer's modified charitable contribution deduction for the taxable year;
(2) require a shareholder of a subchapter S corporation engaged in a professional service business to include all items of income or loss attributable to such business in determining such shareholder's net earnings from self-employment for purposes of computing employment tax liability;
(3) increase the recovery period for the depreciation of general aviation aircraft (defined as any airplane or helicopter not used in commercial or contract carrying of passengers or freight, but which primarily engages in the carrying of passengers); and
(4) include in foreign base company income, for purposes of determining the foreign trade income of controlled foreign corporations, imported property income.
Limits or repeals certain tax benefits for major integrated oil companies (defined as companies with annual gross receipts over $1 billion and an average daily worldwide production of crude oil of at least 500,000 barrels), including:
(1) the foreign tax credit for companies that are dual capacity taxpayers;
(2) the tax deduction for income attributable to the production, refining, processing, transportation, or distribution of oil, natural gas, or primary products thereof;
(3) the tax deduction for intangible drilling and development costs;
(4) the percentage depletion allowance for oil and gas wells; and
(5) the tax deduction for qualified tertiary injectant expenses.
Amends the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to repeal royalty relief (suspension of royalties) for:
(1) natural gas production from deep wells in shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico; and
(2) deep water oil and gas production in the Western and Central Planning Area of the Gulf (including the portion of the Eastern Planning Area encompassing whole lease blocks lying west of 87 degrees, 30 minutes west longitude).
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.