GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
Title X Amendments Act of 2013 - Amends the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992 to revise the purpose for grants for lead-based paint hazard reduction in target housing.
Requires such grants to be made instead for reduction of lead-based paint hazards and correction of other housing-related hazards.
Authorizes the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to establish a process by which, in order to verify a family's income level, a grantee may first obtain and use income and program participation information from an entity administering:
(1) the HOME Investment Partnerships program under the Cranston-Gonzalez National Affordable Housing Act;
(2) the special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children (WIC) established under the Child Nutrition Act of 1966;
(3) reduced price or free lunches under the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act;
(4) the weatherization assistance program for low-income persons established under the Energy Conservation and Production Act;
(5) the temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) program under part A of title IV of the Social Security Act (SSA);
(6) the supplemental security income (SSI) program under SSA title XVI; or
(7) any other program consistent with the family income requirements of the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992.
Makes eligible to apply for such a grant, in addition to certain state or local governments, for specified activities relating to lead-based paint hazards:
(1) an Indian tribe, and
(2) private nonprofit organization partnering with the state or unit of general local government in which the activities will be carried out.
Makes a private nonprofit organization not partnering with a state or local government eligible all the same to apply for a grant to reduce housing-related health hazards, including any condition of residential real property that poses a risk of biological, physical, radiological, or chemical exposure that can adversely affect human health.
Revises grantee selection criteria for a grant to carry out activities relating to lead-based paint hazards, and prescribes criteria for activities relating to housing-related hazards.
Prescribes an allocation of funds for grants to assess and correct housing-related health hazards and evaluate the effectiveness of such assessments and corrections.
Reauthorizes the Act for FY2014-FY2018.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.