Sen. Alan Dixon
Former Senator from Illinois
See Also: Congress.gov
Dixon was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Dixon’s time serving in the Senate.
Use this chart to compare Dixon to other members of the Senate in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Dixon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3170 (102nd): A bill to suspend until January 1, 1995, the duty on certain ...
- S. 3058 (102nd): A bill to suspend until January 1, 1995, the duty on Calan ...
- S. 3059 (102nd): A bill to suspend until January 1, 1995, the duty on TFA ...
- S.Res. 315 (102nd): A resolution to congratulate the Chicago Bulls on winning the 1992 National ...
- S. 2664 (102nd): A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on certain chemicals.
- S.J.Res. 252 (102nd): A joint resolution designating the week of April 18 through 24, 1993, ...
- S.Res. 245 (102nd): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate in support of United ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1992, Dixon missed 193 of 4,344 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is better than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills