Rep. Alan Wheat
Former Representative from Missouri's 5th District
|Representative||Missouri's 5th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Wheat was a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Wheat’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Wheat to other members of the House of Representatives in the 103rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Wheat’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5288 (103rd): Bi-State Waste Disposal Efficiency Act
- H.R. 4896 (103rd): To grant the consent of the Congress to the Kansas and Missouri ...
- H.R. 4551 (103rd): To designate the Post Office building located at 301 West Lexington in ...
- H.R. 4534 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to facilitate portability, enhance ...
- H.Con.Res. 246 (103rd): Expressing the sense of the Congress regarding the denial or limitation of ...
- H.R. 4181 (103rd): Multiethnic Placement Act of 1994
- H.R. 3712 (103rd): President Harry S Truman Congressional Gold Medal Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, Wheat missed 179 of 5,683 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills