Rep. Albert Espy
Former Representative from Mississippi's 2nd District
|Representative||Mississippi's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Espy was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Espy’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Espy to other members of the House of Representatives in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Espy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 183 (103rd): Lower Mississippi Delta Development Financing Corporation Act
- H.R. 6188 (102nd): Lower Mississippi Delta Development Financing Corporation Act
- H.R. 5742 (102nd): USDA National Appeals Division Act of 1992
- H.J.Res. 503 (102nd): Acknowledging the sacrifices that military families have made on behalf of the ...
- H.R. 5286 (102nd): Lower Mississippi River Museum and Riverfront Interpretive Site Act of 1992
- H.R. 4531 (102nd): To require the Secretary of Agriculture to include rice in the definition ...
- H.Res. 220 (102nd): To honor accomplishments and express the appreciation for a dedicated career in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Jan 1993, Espy missed 231 of 2,781 roll call votes, which is 8.3%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 1993. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills