Rep. Allan Swift
Former Representative from Washington's 2nd District
|Representative||Washington's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Swift was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Swift’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Swift to other members of the House of Representatives in the 103rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Swift’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4933 (103rd): Landfill Technological Improvement Act of 1994
- H.R. 4916 (103rd): Superfund Reform Act of 1994
- H.R. 4868 (103rd): Railroad Unemployment Insurance Amendments Act of 1994
- H.R. 4882 (103rd): Lead Exposure Reduction Act of 1994
- H.Res. 488 (103rd): Providing for the concurrence by the House, with an amendment, in the ...
- H.R. 4545 (103rd): Federal Railroad Safety Authorization Act of 1994
- H.R. 4111 (103rd): Amtrak Investment Act of 1994
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Nov 1994, Swift missed 266 of 7,774 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills