Rep. Allen Ertel
Former Representative from Pennsylvania's 17th District
|Representative||Pennsylvania's 17th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Ertel was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Ertel’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Ertel to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Ertel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7264 (97th): A bill to amend the Natural Gas Policy Act of 1978 to ...
- H.J.Res. 534 (97th): A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United ...
- H.Res. 452 (97th): A resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the ...
- H.R. 5963 (97th): Nuclear Powerplant Decontamination Act of 1982
- H.R. 5945 (97th): Congressional Pay and Benefits Commission Act
- H.R. 4677 (97th): Responsible Revenue Act of 1981
- H.R. 4564 (97th): Uniform Federal Research and Development Utilization Act of 1981
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Dec 1982, Ertel missed 358 of 3,613 roll call votes, which is 9.9%. This is worse than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills