Rep. Alvin Baldus
Former Representative from Wisconsin's 3rd District
|Representative||Wisconsin's 3rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Baldus was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Baldus’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Baldus to other members of the House of Representatives in the 96th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Baldus’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7258 (96th): Paperwork Elimination and Control Act of 1980
- H.R. 6285 (96th): Egg Research and Consumer Information Amendments of 1980
- H.R. 5069 (96th): A bill to amend the Egg Research and Consumer Information Act.
- H.R. 4167 (96th): A bill to amend section 201 of the Agricultural Act of 1949, ...
- H.Res. 244 (96th): A resolution to encourage the strengthening of U.S. farmer cooperatives, as a ...
- H.Res. 230 (96th): A resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives concerning an ...
- H.R. 2482 (96th): Small Business Employee Ownership Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Baldus missed 228 of 4,047 roll call votes, which is 5.6%. This is better than the median of 7.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills