Rep. Anthony Coelho
Former Representative from California's 15th District
|Representative||California's 15th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Coelho was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Coelho’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Coelho to other members of the House of Representatives in the 101st Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Coelho’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 269 (101st): To designate October 1, 1989, through October 7, 1989, as “National Disability ...
- H.R. 2273 (101st): Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- H.R. 2026 (101st): To amend the Agricultural Adjustment Act to prohibit the importation of kiwifruit, ...
- H.R. 1047 (101st): To recognize the organization known as the National Academies of Practice.
- H.R. 14 (101st): Federal Election Campaign Amendments of 1989
- H.J.Res. 36 (101st): Designating April 24, 1989, as “National Day of Remembrance of the Armenian ...
- H.Res. 3 (101st): Authorizing the Speaker to appoint a committee of two Members on the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Jun 1989, Coelho missed 482 of 4,895 roll call votes, which is 9.8%. This is worse than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jun 1989. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills