Rep. Austin Scott
- Georgia - District 8
|Representative||Georgia's 8th District|
Scott is a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Scott to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Austin Scott sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Agriculture
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Horticulture, Research, Biotechnology, and Foreign Agriculture
- Member, Subcommittee on Department Operations, Oversight, and Nutrition
- Member, Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- House Committee on Armed Services
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1448: FARMER Act of 2013
- H.R. 1302: To prohibit foreign military financing to Egypt.
- H.R. 1202: One Percent Spending Reduction Act of 2013
- H.R. 972: Preserving Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act of 2013
- H.R. 795: Protecting American Jobs Act
- H.R. 350: To repeal the Legal Services Corporation Act.
- H.R. 6224 (112th): Providing Assistance with the Paperwork from Excessive Regulations Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to May 2013, Scott missed 20 of 1,789 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Scott [R-GA8]: NayMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Scott [R-GA8]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Scott [R-GA8]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.