Rep. Bennett Stewart
Former Representative from Illinois's 1st District
|Representative||Illinois's 1st District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Stewart was a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Stewart’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Stewart to other members of the House of Representatives in the 96th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Stewart’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7517 (96th): Federal Procurement and Employment Impact Act
- H.Res. 640 (96th): A resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the ...
- H.J.Res. 500 (96th): A joint resolution to designate February 1981 as “Black History Month”.
- H.R. 6425 (96th): Federal Procurement and Employment Impact Act
- H.R. 5412 (96th): A bill to amend the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act to make ...
- H.R. 3952 (96th): Federal Correctional Ombudsman Act of 1979
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Dec 1980, Stewart missed 211 of 1,257 roll call votes, which is 16.8%. This is worse than the median of 7.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills