Sen. Bernard “Bernie” Sanders
|Representative||Vermont's At-Large District|
Sanders is a left-leaning Independent according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Sanders to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bernard “Bernie” Sanders sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Sanders’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1018: A bill to restrict conflicts of interest on the boards of directors of ...
- S. 944: Veterans’ Educational Transition Act of 2013
- S. 928: Claims Processing Improvement Act of 2013
- S. 922: Veterans Equipped for Success Act of 2013
- S. 927: Veterans’ Outreach Act of 2013
- S. 893: Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2013
- S. 894: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to extend expiring authority ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to May 2013, Sanders missed 32 of 1,973 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Nomination Confirmed 97/0
Sen. Sanders [I-VT]: YeaMay 23, 2013 1:59 p.m.
Amendment Rejected 27/71
Sen. Sanders [I-VT]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:38 a.m.