O'Rourke is a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare O'Rourke to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Beto O'Rourke sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Homeland Security
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of O'Rourke’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2036: To amend part E of title IV of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 1809: To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of Veterans ...
- H.R. 1265: To require the continuation of tuition assistance programs for members of the Armed ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to May 2013, O'Rourke missed 1 of 163 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity